I Have Been working on Pure Buddha Dhamma MindMap.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

So, As post suggested I have been working on creating well rounded map covering major aspects of buddha Dhamma in MindMap. It is not yet complete.

I will be posting updates and new maps in this thread. You can post suggestions/reviews in comments below.

Lal
      Keymaster

Hi,

My browser refused to display your link saying too many advertisements.

Can you email me ([email protected]) the file so that I can insert it into your post?

I am removing the link until then.

LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

Lal’s Comment: LayDhammaFollower’s chart can be VIEWED by clicking the following link:
      https://pure-buddha-dhamma-mindmap.on.drv.tw/Pure%20Dhamma.html

– Installing MindMap software is necessary ONLY IF you want to edit his chart or to create your own.
      —-

The file I uploaded and shared on forum was actually very early draft of MindMap I created. Since then I have made some significant improvements, added content, improved visual colour schemes etc. You can view this last updated version by downloading files from link mentioned above.

This is the link for MiMind Mind Mapping android app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cryptobees.mimind

This is the download link for same app windows pc version, for iOS, for MacOS etc:

https://mimind.cryptobees.com/index.html

Lal
      Keymaster

OK. There have been too many posts, and I have deleted many. Thanks to Seng Kiat’s efforts (I deleted his post, some of mine, and some of LayDhammaFollower’s.)

I revised my comment in LayDhammaFollowr’s post of May 30, 2022, at 12:51 am.

Thanks, LayDhammaFollower, for sharing your work. I am impressed by the efforts. Such efforts will not go to waste. I am happy to see such motivation.
      Making notes (and keep revising them as one learns) is the best way to learn. Just reading through posts may not provide that much benefit. That is something I realized during my school days.
      – I hope people will make suggestions to improve his MindMap.

Lal
      Keymaster

I have received an email from LayDhammaFollower saying that his mind map can be VIEWED without installing the software.
      – You need the software ONLY to make changes to his chart, or to create your own MindMap.
      – His chart (with the latest update) is at: https://pure-buddha-dhamma-mindmap.on.drv.tw/Pure%20Dhamma.html
      – Accordingly, I have revised my previous comments above.

SengKiat
      Keymaster

Greetings! LayDhammaFollower,

I have corrected some Pāli words’ characters (tone vowels and consonants) and added some texts and corrected some spelling errors to your existing Pure Dhamma mindmap. Below are the attached PDF and mindmap files.

PDF file: Pure Dhamma 01June2022.pdf

MindMap file: Pure Dhamma 01June2022.mind

With mettā, Seng Kiat

Lal
      Keymaster

Thank you, Seng Kiat.

LayDhammaFollower’s earlier comment on May 30, 2022, at 7:52 am kept moving up as the latest post. So, I just removed it.
      – Necessary information to access his MindMap chart is there in the above comments.
      – I am happy to see that many people are reading this link. Thanks again to LayDhammaFollower for sharing his chart. It is an inspiration to all.

LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

Greetings! SengKiat,

I have tried to compare the new map with old map and have found corrections in pañcakKhanda section and some content update/changes. Thank you for that.

Only thing is since this last map on 29May2022 I have added 50+ new nodes to MindMap. So, I will have to copy all the corrections to new MindMap which I will do and publish updated version.

Anyways, since you have reviewed the MindMap, how did you found the content?

I have working on it. It is no way as exhaustive as website. But just a good reference point in my opinion.

Anyways, thanks for this review SengKiat!

Those who are viewing/have viewed the map can comment their suggestions/changes/review in comments below.

Also, if someone wants lastest editable file you can contact me in this thread.

Edit; I am also adding SengKiat’s name to contributors in map. Thanks for your efforts SengKiat.

LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

Hi, everyone.

I have added 150+ new nodes into the MindMap in recent update. As of writing this now map contains 600+ data nodes about pure buddha Dhamma.

Updates:
      – map structure
      – pañcakKhanda section
      – detailed Meanings of viññana with example
      – detailed section on yathabhuta Nana (true nature of suddhāṭṭhaka/bhutā)
      – Detailed section on cetasika (all 52 cetasika details)

(Side note: although I have updated the MindMap on website it might take few hours for update to reflect on website. Since this is different kind of hosting and as of writing this, despite updating the map it shows the old cached page.)

I hope it will be useful to everyone for understanding buddha Dhamma.

That’s it for now!

Much metta.

Tobias G
      Participant

The mindmap pdf page 10 contains 5 stages of a sankata, which is not explained in Tipitaka. There we have only 3 stage: arising, viparinama, death.

Also the 5 dhammata are not in the Tipitaka, except dhamma niyama (Paṭicca Samuppāda).

Lal
      Keymaster

1. There was an old post on the website, “Root Cause of Anicca – Five Stages of a Saṅkhata.”
      – I think I removed it at some point.

However, I just found a reference to it in: “Difference Between Dhammā and Saṅkhāra
      – See #8 there. I need to revise that post to remove this reference.
      But I wanted to check with LayDhammaFollower to see whether the post “Root Cause of Anicca – Five Stages of a Saṅkhata” is still accessible on the website. Please let me know.

2. Again, I may be responsible for the idea of five dhammatā.

I just saw the post, “What is Kamma? – Is Everything Determined by Kamma?
      – See #2 there, which needs revision.
      – We had discussed that in the forum, but I never got to revise this post either. I will do that soon.
      – You can find that discussion in, “Five Niyamas-Does Every Unfortunate Event Always Have Kamma As A Root Cause?
      – See the last two entries, where we decided that Tipitaka refers to only one dhammatā.
      To quote:
      “You are right, Tobias. There is only one dhammatā, which is dhammaniyāmatā. The sutta you referenced explains that.

It seems that the five “five dhammatā” was made up by someone in a commentary. It could be Visuddhimagga, but I am not sure.
      – If a key principle is not referenced in the Tipitaka, it is safe to assume that it was made up by someone at a later time.”

My apologies for these errors not being corrected.

LayDhammaFollower
        Participant

No, lal. That old post is not accessible.

But, If i am not wrong I did read about five stages of sankata as birth, growth, peak, decay and death somewhere. I will try to give reference to that post if found.

LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

Hi, Tobias.

Thanks for pointing out error through comment.

I did read the post on kammā by lal. Where five dhammāta were mentioned. So, I did put that in MindMap. However I found the discussion thread on this issue in this forum. I will update the MindMap. Also will correct error in sankata stages.

—–

I request you to take a look at the MindMap on websit, now onwards. Because all new updates will be on website not in pdf.

Lal
      Keymaster

LayDhammaFollower wrote: “No, lal. That old post is not accessible.”

– Good. Thanks for letting me know. I have removed the reference to it in the post, “Difference Between Dhammā and Saṅkhāra.”
      – No need to worry about it anymore.

P.S. I revised the other post too: “What is Kamma? – Is Everything Determined by Kamma?

TripleGemStudent
      Participant

Tobias G mentioned “5 stages of a sankata, which is not explained in Tipitaka. There we have only 3 stage: arising, viparinama, death.”

The Pali names for the 3 stages of a sankata, are they assada, adinava, nissarana? Or is it are they something else?

Tobias G
      Participant

assada = mind made pleasures/abhisankhara
      adinava = bad consequences of kama or mind pleasing things
      nissarana = with understanding one makes an end to the samsaric journey

Maybe the Pali words you search for are jāti, vipariṇāma, maraṇa.

Lal
      Keymaster

There are three stages of a sankhata: Uppāda (arising), ṭhiti (existence), vaya (destruction).
      – During existence a sankhata is subjected to “unexpected change” or “aññathā“.

This is in the “Saṅkhatalakkhaṇa Sutta (AN 3.47).”

TripleGemStudent
      Participant

Thank you for your reply Tobias.

May we all satta’s attain the supreme peace and freedom of nibbana.

Tobias G
      Participant

“uppado sankata lakkhanan, sankhara dukkhata;
      vayo sankata lakkhanan, viparinama dukkhata;
      titthassa sankata lakkhanan, dukkha dukkhata”

Where is that stated in a sutta?

Lal
      Keymaster

I tried to find the source yesterday, but could not.
      – See, “Three types of suffering associated with sankata

It is probably not in a sutta but in a Commentary. But since it obviously makes sense, I thought it would be in one of the three Commentaries in the Tipitaka.

LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

Hi, everyone.

In this fortnight update of MindMap,
      I have added 150+ new nodes to MindMap.

There are no new sections added this week.

There is content added in multiple sections.

I have added appropriate credits for all contributors.

Starting this update, you will be able to see What I am working on in Future change section in MindMap.

Key changes:

– Added many details to Paṭicca Samuppāda section. YOU CAN SEE WHOLE PATICCA SAMUPPĀDA PROCESS IN VISUAL FORM WITH HELP OF CHRISTIAN’S CHART. THIS CHART WOULD BE MORE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH COMPUTER OR ANY LARGE SCREEN DEVICE.
      – Added diagrams made by lal in appropriate sections.

Quick link:
      https://pure-buddha-dhamma-mindmap.on.drv.tw/Pure%20Dhamma.html

LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

Please remember that It takes few hours for update to reflect on website. So, please checkout the website after few hours.

SengKiat
      Keymaster

Greetings! LayDhammaFollower,

If you are able to have a PDF file link in the Html MindMap, that will most useful as viewing the html MindMap is tedious for mobile or desktop user.

With mettā, Seng Kiat

LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

Greetings! SengKiat,

I will try to create new file with appropriate formation and will share it with you in some time.

Edit:
      Here you go: https://we.tl/t-tOYeGGM7Qp

Pdf is now almost 90 pages long. Please note that I have created this quick pdf from MindMap software itself through export it is not polished version. Indeed first few pages are blank of content.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.