Significance of bodily feelings

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Lal.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Zapper
      Participant

I am not sure but I think I remember that Lal said somewhere that bodily feelings (tactile sensations) will lead to positive and negative kamma vipaka EVEN if you practice real buddhism and you feel neutral feelings towards visual forms, sounds, smells, taste and thoughts.

I am not forwarding this question specially to Lal but I think he will be the most experienced to answer this question.<br />
      Can somebody confirm this from his own experience?

(For example: do you feel neutral feelings except for the sense of touch?)

Lal
      Keymaster

“I am not sure but I think I remember that Lal said somewhere that bodily feelings (tactile sensations) will lead to positive and negative kamma vipaka.”

I don’t think I ever wrote that.

• Any sensory INPUT (seeing, hearing..or a body sensation) is a kamma vipaka. It does not LEAD TO more kamma vipaka automatically.
      • It is our RESPONSE to such a kamma vipaka (i.e., doing kamma) that MAY lead to more kamma vipaka.

Let me give an example. Hearing a particular song being played on the radio is a kamma vipaka.

• But if you then decide that you want to hear it again, you are now acting on it by doing kamma with thoughts (thinking about it), speech (asking for the opinions of others whether it is a good song or where to buy the album, etc.), and actions 9going to the store to buy the album).
      • You may accumulate strong kamma if you steal money to buy the album. 
      • Try to apply it to other sensory inputs. That way, you can get the concept absorbed.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.