Post on How to Cultivate the Anicca Saññā

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Lal.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      dosakkhayo
      Participant

How to Cultivate the Anicca Saññā

In #1,
      Even a Sōtapanna is supposed to have comprehended anicca only to a certain extent. Thus if one gets at least a glimpse of what is meant by anicca, that goes a long way. And that is not hard if one spends some time contemplating it.

The removal of the first three samyōjana means the removal of diṭṭhāsava.

It means there is no vipallasa about the anicca.

So the statement “Even a Sōtapanna is supposed to have comprehended anicca only to a certain extent.” might be able to have a possibility mislead the comprehension level of anicca to require becoming a sōtapanna.

I learned one who done cultivating anicca saññā is sōtapanna. If I was wrong, please let me know it.

Lal
      Keymaster

Good Point. A Sotapanna would have removed all three types of vipallāsa about anicca nature.

I have revised the post. Thank you!

dosakkhayo
      Participant

You are welcome.

LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

Theruwan saranayi!!!

Lal, I have a request for you.

When you post an update about updated posts In “general updates” sections, can you also post a small one or two sentence changelog with it about updated posts?

Because sometimes it is hard to keep up with what has been updated in various posts. One has to read through whole post to understand what has been changed or updated.

Thank you for you efforts lal.

Only thanks to you,
      So many of us can access such a pristine dhamma in English which alleviates all of us from all our Suffering permanently.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Lal
      Keymaster

OK. I will keep that in mind.

I will state a specific bullet # (along with the revision date) if it is a critical change.

But if I update an old post, there could be too many “small” changes that cannot be listed.
      For example, sometimes I see that a given sentence can be written better, even though it is not a critical revision. There are also instances where I add a link(s) to another relevant post(s).

LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

Okay. Thank you.
      Ofcourse no need to list out all the minor changes.

Lal
      Keymaster

I will try to follow the rules below for revised posts.

1. If there are major revisions, it will say “re-written.”

2. If there is a specific and critical change in just one or two bullet points, they will be identified.

3. If only minor changes throughout the post, it will say “revised.” Of course, there could be some important changes, but I will not be able to itemize them. So, it will be good to at least scan the post.

I have a list of revised posts to be posted tomorrow. Some of them may not be according to the above rules.
      – By the way, a list of revised posts (together with a new post) will be posted in “General Information and Updates -2” each week.

dosakkhayo
      Participant

In the same context, I think the following post should be revised.

13. Kammaṭṭhāna (Recitations) for the Sotāpanna Stage

For example, the concept of anicca is understood gradually—from the Sotapanna Anugāmi stage to the Sotāpanna stage. Then how that anicca nature leads to suffering (dukkha) is fully grasped in stages — strengthening at the Sakadāgāmi and Anāgāmi stages — and is fully comprehended at the Arahant stage.

Lal
      Keymaster

Yes. Thank you! I have revised it as follows:

“For example, the concept of anicca is understood gradually—from the Sotapanna Anugāmi stage to the Sotāpanna stage. A Sotapanna fully comprehends the anicca nature and the anatta nature. The next step is to comprehend dukkha and asubha nature fully. See, “Vipallāsa (Diṭṭhi, Saññā, Citta) Affect Saṅkhāra.”

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.