Reply To: Post on “Namagotta, Bhava, Kamma Bīja, and Mano Loka (Mind Plane)”

dosakkhayo
Participant

As far as I know, information within viññāṇa dhātu is preserved in a completely different way than in the material world(rūpa lōka). So I deduced the generation and preservation of information from Dhamma. Let’s start with a point we already understood.

For example, someone is happy after eating the cake. It took three things for this sensory event to happen. (i) arammana (the cake), (ii) one’s gati and anusaya, (iii) phassa (contact). In other words, these three pieces of information came together to create new information that someone is happy after eating the cake.

It can be summarized as follows: Existing information is required for any new information to occur.

It is also why there is no traceable origin in samsara. No matter how far back, there is still information.

Yes, now we know. But how is it possible? What is the mechanism of preservation of information?

First, we need to know that information includes three things: Rupa, Citta, and Cetasika. So, sankata is basically a variety of forms of information.

Sankata(information) is divided into two categories. The active one, the inactive one. The critical point is that additional energy is required for any information to activate.

Rūpa(including dhammā) means activated energy. So, anidassana/appaṭigha rūpa can turn into anidassana/appaṭigha nāma. But anidassana/appaṭigha nāma can not turn into anidassana/appaṭigha nāma.

From this, the following conclusions can be drawn.

Rūpa loses energy over time. The record of information is a naturally occurring process of it. The registration and preservation of information is not a process of consuming additional energy. It does not conflict with the above proposition(Existing information is required for any new information to occur).

Because the above process refers to information with energy(New Information), and the below process relates to information that remains as a result of the process of energy disappearance(Remaining Information).

Therefore, it can be seen that the two ways of generation of information(NI and RI) are all in one direction. It also explains that time flows in one direction with Dhamma’s words.

So, the question ‘What is the mechanism of preservation of information?’ is changed like that ‘how anidassana/appaṭigha rūpa(dhammā) turn into anidassana/appaṭigha nāma?

Let’s think about it this way. When a bullet is fired from the gun, it will move in a parabolic trajectory. In this situation, the motion of the bullet is rūpa. And the trajectory of the bullet is namagotta. (Of course, the bullet is inert. But I hope this example can convey my thought.) The fired bullet will continue to move until it loses its power. When it loses all the power, the halt of the bullet is also registered in namagotta. Therefore, there is no need for any particular registration process. It happens naturally. As if it doesn’t take any registration process for a bullet to fly away.

Please let me know if there is anything wrong with this thought.