I have revised the post “Kusala-Mula Paṭicca Samuppāda” to explain the difference between adhimokkha and upadana.
– It is important to understand that difference, and it was not quite clear.
– Thanks to Tobias for bringing it into focus.
I have added #16 to that post: (It is a good idea to read the post referred to in #16)
16. In the Akusala-mula PS that feeds the rebirth process, the critical step of “upādāna paccayā bhavō” leads to the creation of the kamma bhava (energy to feed future rebirths.)
– That upādāna forces the mind to act with avijjā repeatedly and to strengthen that kamma bhava. That is explained in detail in “Difference Between Tanhā and Upādāna.”
– In contrast, in the Kusala-mula PS, that step is replaced by “adhimokkha paccayā bhavō.” That bhava is an Ariya bhava (existence as a Noble Person) that makes any existing kamma bhava (created via Akusala-mula PS processes) ineffective.