Avijja (a + vijja) is without the “knowledge of the truth (vijja).
It is not realizing that NOTHING in this world is worthy of praise, and attachment to things in this world WILL lead to suffering.
– This vision (Samma Ditthi) is first glimpsed at the Sotapanna Anugami stage.
– The vision (Samma Ditthi) and the perception (sanna) that goes with it are fully completed only at the Arahant stage,
Another way to look at this is the following>
– Moha is at one end, where one’s mind is totally covered. It is an asobhana cetasika.
– Panna (wisdom) is at the other end and is OPTIMIZED for an Arahant. Panna is a sobhana cetasika.
– Avijja is in the middle.
Anyone who is not at least a Sotapanna Anugami COULD act with moha (and do an apayagami action) if an arammana is enticing enough.
– A Sotapanna Anugami or above will NEVER act with moha. But they may act with avijja to varying degrees.
– Only an Arahant will never even act with avijja, let alone moha.
P.S. The forum issues are still there to varying degrees.
– The software for the forum was updated about a couple of weeks ago and that was when these problems started. They are still working to fix those issues.
– See, “Testing Forum Submissions”