Reply To: Where is the Mana Indriya located in the Brain?

upekkha100
Participant

To me highest priority is attaining the stages of Nibbana. But I think one can follow the Path and still wisely make time for exploring other knowledge. Especially if that knowledge greatly complements Buddha Dhamma as Lal said.

Hi Nikita. I’m so glad you brought this up. I’m very interested to know where it is located as well. And I agree, I think it is the pineal gland too.

People with psychic abilities, devas and brahmas can have telepathic abilities. Can read the minds of others and humans. And devas/brahmas have bird’s eye view of humanity, can sense and see things we can’t, might even know more about us than we do about ourselves. So I would not be surprised if at least these people with abinnha powers, devas, and rupi brahmas would know where the mana indriya is.

And I think modern science has found the mana indriya too and are possibly not being totally transparent yet.

Technological telepathy(thought reading, dream viewing) is already here at varying degrees. I personally think thought transmitting as well.

Otherwise how do they explain the following:

Articles
1) Scientists ‘read dreams’ using brain scans

2) Japanese scientists just used A.I. to read minds and it’s amazing

3) Facebook literally wants to read your thoughts

4)Mark Zuckerberg says the future of communication is telepathy. Here’s how that would actually work.

Facebook creator Mark Zukerberg quote:
“One day, I believe we’ll be able to send full rich thoughts to each other directly using technology,” Zuckerberg wrote in response to a question about what’s next for Facebook. “You’ll just be able to think of something and your friends will immediately be able to experience it too.” ”

5) Facebook gives peek inside unit studying brain-to-text technology

“Facebook Inc on Wednesday pulled aside the curtain on a secretive unit headed by a former chief of the Pentagon’s research arm, disclosing that the social media company is studying ways for people to communicate by thought and touch. ”

” One example of Building 8’s work so far, Dugan said, was an attempt to improve technology that allows people to type words using their minds.

“It sounds impossible, but it’s closer than you may realize,” Dugan said.

6) Facebook has 60 people working on how to read your mind

“Facebook is looking at using optical imaging – using lasers to capture changes in the properties of neurons as they fire – to glean words straight from our brain before we say them. If these signals can be read, they can be transmitted silently to other people. “