March 26, 2018 at 3:34 pm #14804
a) “Thus if there are many “good kamma seeds” there,” let’s suppose that there are,then why would a human reborn as an animal ? Shouldn’t he or she reborn as a human ?
b) The Pancakkhandha their formation starts with the very first life forms then? Or…”started” even before that ?
For those interested in this subject the link below:
March 27, 2018 at 1:43 am #14814
March 27, 2018 at 10:36 am #14819
It seems that the answers are in the link-content above, as follows, correct me if i’m wrong:
a) the answer might be “Now that lifestream may have kamma seeds for a human, deva, or a brahma too. But none of those got “selected”, probably because they were less potent.(!) So, a butterfly is likely to be born in lower realms for very, very long times, before a less probable “human seed” being picked for a new life in a rare statistical event.” STILL IF A HUMAN HAS GOOD KAMMA SEEDS HE SHOULD REBORN AS HUMAN, NOT AS AN ANIMAL ?
b) the answer might be “Our life did not start on this Earth or in this universe. There have been innumerable universes and there will be innumerable universes according to the inflationary theory on the Big Bang that started our universe.” Meaning that the aggregates/compounds appeared BEFORE the human species ? And who says the aggregates says (the) Mind ?
March 27, 2018 at 12:09 pm #14824LalKeymaster
I am glad that Embodied asked this question. I found that bullet #12 of that post had an error that went without catching my eye since it was originally written probably in 2014. I just revised it. Scientists have it wrong with the “Big Bang theory”.
Regarding the questions:
a) “STILL IF A HUMAN HAS GOOD KAMMA SEEDS HE SHOULD REBORN AS HUMAN, NOT AS AN ANIMAL ?”
Not necessarily. We all have innumerable good and bad kamma seeds.
– It depends on which kamma seed is most potent: a good kamma seed leading to a human birth or a bad kamma seed leading to an animal birth.
– Also, good kamma seeds have many varieties: human, deva, brahma, etc and an innumerable varieties within those. For example, a human can be born healthy, handicapped, rich, poor, etc.
– Similarly, bad kamma seeds have many main varieties: animal, preta, vinipata asura, niraya beings, etc, and an innumerable varieties within those.
And each person may have innumerable kamma seeds both good and bad. Which one comes to the front depends on many factors. This is why the Buddha said kamma is one of those things that can never be fully grasped by anyone other than a Buddha.
– But the important fact is that if one is a Sotapanna, no bad kamma seed leading to a birth in lower realms will not be effective. In effect, they lose potency when one attains the Sotapanna stage.
b) There no traceable “beginning” to the pancakkhandha. We have to remember that each living being (whether human, deva, preta, any animal including amoeba) has its own pancakkhandha. Pancakkhandha is infinite for a given living being. Panca upadanakkhandha is a tiny, tiny fraction of it.
March 27, 2018 at 12:37 pm #14825
Fas-ci-na-ting Lal. And what a challenge.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.