The Brain Isn’t The Originator of Consciousness

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Johnny_Lim
      Participant
      Embodied
      Spectator

Interesting.

I might be wrong but to me consciousness “was there” before humankind and will “be there” afterwards.
      Also i make a difference between thinking/reasoning and to be conscious of.

I may be thinking/reasoning about a specific subject which means that i’m conscious about the subject in question but i’m not conscious or not enough conscious of all other stimulus , and/or i can be conscious/aware about one or more things without reasoning about it (here am I blaspheming again…).

And by the way; isn’t Consciousness what allows “to be aware”/sati ?

Lal
      Keymaster

Thanks, Johnny. It has good points on why the consciousness cannot arise in the brain.

Embodied said: “I might be wrong but to me consciousness “was there” before humankind and will “be there” afterwards.”

Consciousness means life. As we have discussed in many topics, life has no traceable beginning. Humankind on Earth will be wiped out in a few billion years, but will return to the re-formed Earth.

Read the recent discussions in the “Dhamma and Science” forum.

Embodied
      Spectator

Lal said “Consciousness means life” – indeed. Life forever. Consciousness forever. I read but they aren’t forcefully directly related to my comment here. By the way: did you read my posts there ? Just asking.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.