Root Cause of Anicca – Five Stages of a Sankata

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Lal.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Zapper
      Participant

Hello Lal,
      It seems like the post Root Cause of Anicca – Five Stages of a Sankata has been lost.
      I am assuming that either you are currently revising the post or the post has been lost due to an unknown reason.

If you are revising the post I am sorry to bother you but if you are not revising the post please reupload it if you have it saved somewhere on your computer.

I have read the post and I really don’t need the information anymore but I think it would be good if other people can read it as well and not be deprived from this information, I think it’s actually the most important of all the post you have made as it explains the true nature of all sankata/sankhara (unexpected change, decay and destruction).
      Since the day I read this post my Upekkha has increased significantly and I do not enjoy sense pleasures anymore.

So yeah that’s pretty much all, I am just requesting a reupload of the post so other people can read it and gain true insight if reality. :)

Lal
      Keymaster

Yes. There was a post with that title.

The analysis there is not incorrect in the way it was done.
      – However, it may lead to a “possible contradiction issue” because of the following. Most references in the Tipitaka refer to three stages/lakkhana of a sankhata: Uppāda (arising), ṭhiti (existence), vaya (destruction). See, for example, “Saṅkhatalakkhaṇa Sutta (AN 3.47).”
      – That is why I removed it.

As I remember, it discussed human life through five stages: born a baby, growing to a young age, enjoying life at that young age, getting to the middle age and experiencing discomforts/sicknesses, etc, and then dying.
      – So nothing inherently wrong with that analysis. But I didn’t want to leave room for the possibility of inconsistency with the Tipitaka.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.