Posts in the “Buddha Dhamma – Advanced” Section

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Lal.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lal
      Keymaster

I have started a new series of posts, “Buddha Dhamma – Advanced,” to provide a systematic analysis of how pañca upādānakkhandha arises per Paṭicca Samuppāda (Note: pañcakkhandha never arises under most situations.) Some posts will be new, and others will be old posts rewritten to provide a cohesive picture.

• Please make comments and ask questions here about any post listed under the “Buddha Dhamma – Advanced” section even if they may be listed under other sections too.
      1 user thanked author for this post.
      Gad
      dosakkhayo
      Participant

Kāma Rāga Dominates Rupa Rāga and Arupa Rāga

The six types of kāma guṇa are iṭṭhā kantā manāpā piyarūpā kāmūpasaṁhitā rajanīyā.

They apply to manoviññeyyā dhammā, too.

SN 35.104-1.8

“santi, bhikkhave, manoviññeyyā dhammā iṭṭhā kantā manāpā piyarūpā kāmūpasaṁhitā rajanīyā.”

The above is something you can read and know from the post.

After reading that, I wondered: Do jhanic and samapatti sukha also have the six types of kāma guṇa? Because rupa or arupa brahmas do experience manoviññeyyā dhammā. I guess it probably does.

Lal
      Keymaster

Yes. Your assumption is correct.

• Jhanic and samapatti sukha are also”distorted saññā.”
      • Brahmas (and Anariya yogis) get attached to them via the similar kāma guṇa (but at a lower level; Brahmas don’t engage in killing/stealing, etc. Of course, they don’t have the physical bodies to take such actions, but in any case, such strong greedy/hateful thoughts do not arise in a Brahma or an anariya yogi.)
      • Getting rid of attachment to jhanic and samapatti sukha is what is left to do for an Anāgāmi.
      1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.