Post on “Kammic Energy Leads to Consciousness”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cubibobi
      Participant

Another fascinating post in the series, and a novel way indeed to look at a living being (satta). So, in summary, a satta is a set of:

hadaya vatthu + either 0, 2, or 5 pasāda rupa

“… kammic energy alone can create those six entities.”

Is this one way to distinguish life and inert matter? i.e. rupa created solely from kammic energy is life, and the rest is inert matter?

From the Abhidhamma section, we learn that there are 28 types of rupa; so, of the 28:

These 6 entities, plus whatever else created by kammic energy only, is life.
        The rest is inert matter.

Is this correct?

Sadhu!
      Lang

Lal
      Keymaster

Yes. I thought it would be refreshing to present it in a different way.

“Is this one way to distinguish life and inert matter? i.e. rupa created solely from kammic energy is life, and the rest is the inert matter?”

EVERYTHING has its origins in kammic energy (via Paticca Samuppada).
      – However, it is not necessary to focus on that right now.
      – The critical point is that ONLY kammic energy can create those six units of hadaya vatthu and five pasada rupa.

“These 6 entities, plus whatever else created by kammic energy only, is life.
      The rest is inert matter.”

Yes. That is correct.
      – In addition to those six entities, iithi bhava, purisa bhava rupa and jivitindriya rupa (#14, #15, #17 in the following Table) are created ONLY by kammic energy.
      Rupa (Material Form) – Table

y not
      Participant

Hello Lang !

Thank you for your contribution.

Fascinating indeed. It is but a summary. Elaboration on the details can be found here and there all over the Site.

All is cause and effect. That includes kammic energy. An (over-) simplication, just for the purposes of my contribution here, would be: Avijja, abhisankhara, tanha, upadhana, javana citta (kammic energy) = hadaya vatthu + pasada rupa = bhava, jati etc.(that is composed of both ‘life’ and inert matter).

My own summary is: for any being, just like a circle, that sequence has no starting point throughout the beginningless past. That is what ‘Life’ is, in any of the 31 realms, along with the accompanying relative degree of suffering. But it can be brought to an end through the attainment of Arahanthood. Then it is an altogether different kind of ‘existence’ but with no suffering at all at any time, and forever. I have no other conception of Nibbana. But that does not matter for the time being. .

LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

To Y Not #31894:

Of course you know this, but, I only recently came to have basic insight into Paṭicca Samuppāda process.

Not knowing four noble truths IS cause for beginning less sansarā. We never removed viññana because we never knew four truths. Because we never removed viññana, there was always abhisaṅkhāra, which lead to Bhavā until now.

But, Now that we are fortunate enough to born in this buddha sasana, I hope that may all of us be able to become at least sottapana anugami and maximum of us become anāgāmi in this life itself.

May Dhamma spread wide and far.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.