post on Anatta and Sakkāya Diṭṭhi – Two Different Concepts

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Lal.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tobias G
      Participant

Anatta and Sakkāya Diṭṭhi – Two Different Concepts

Please see #1: “… New existences (bhava) arise due to specific kamma done with different types of abhisaṅkhāra (vaci abhisaṅkhāra and kāya abhisaṅkhāra.) That is a process dictated by Paṭicca Samuppāda. Those saṅkhārā arise with having that wrong view (part of avijjā.) That is why the PS process starts with “avijjā paccayā saṅkhārā. …”

New bhava arise also in kusala mula PS as long as the noble path is not finished.

Lal
      Keymaster

Tobias wrote: “New bhava arise also in kusala mula PS as long as the noble path is not finished.”

That is correct.

However, those bhava lead to Nibbana and NOT to keep one in the rebirth process (samsara).

See, “Kusala-Mula Paṭicca Samuppāda
      – The last sentence there is, “Instead of future suffering, conditions for attaining Nibbāna result with the kusala-mula PS process.”

But I see your point. I will think about how to add this to the post you referred to.

Lal
      Keymaster

I think it is better to leave things as they are.
      – If I try to add this, it could be a distraction.

Furthermore, “Kusala-Mula Paṭicca Samuppāda” starts with “kusala-mula paccayā saṅkhāra” and NOT “avijjā paccayā saṅkhāra” as in “Akusala-Mula Paṭicca Samuppāda

But it is a valid point. Thanks for pointing it out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.