Kamma stored as dhammā

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Lal.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tobias G
      Participant

As you already say in the post “what are dhammā?“, mainly in #15, kamma is stored as dhammā and those dhammā can grow by empowering such gati. Thus at cuti moment we have contact again with such dhammā (= nama rupa) and the following PS steps namarupa paccaya salayatana …  lead to the new bhava. This feedback loop is responsible for rebirth.
      My point is that I think this is not so clear described somewhere on your website. The only exception could be that post in the Abhidhamma section.

Lal
      Keymaster

Tobias wrote: “My point is that I think this is not so clear described somewhere on your website.”

Yes. It is possible that in old posts the concept is not described in the same way.
      – It is not easy to check for such posts. As you all know, I keep revising old posts as I come across inadequacies or even mistakes occasionally. The goal is to be consistent with the Tipitaka to the fullest extent.
      – If you or anyone else come across such posts, please post in the forum or send me an email: [email protected].

P.S.

The concept is discussed in more detail in the recent post: “Nāma Loka and Rupa Loka – Two Parts of Our World

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.