How one becomes sammasam buddha?

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Lal.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

Hi, everyone.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about how can ordinary human become as extraordinary as to realise, understand the whole existence like gotama buddha or any other supreme buddha and be able to utilise that knowledge to help liberate countless beings from this Samsara.

I have read sutta recently where buddha says why he is rightly called supreme unexcelled rightly awakened in world. [example]

I am so impressed with the abillities of buddha, what he was able to do with his mind.

My question is how can someone become like that? What exactly one has done that one is able to become someone like Gautama Buddha?

Also, if one is not sotappana, (the future to be buddha), how does one remain aloof for such a long time as to avoid apayas? (Except animal realms)

How can I find authentic information on this matter? (I have previously read Mahayana literature, BUT, have come to my senses after reading true interpretation of tilakkhana and also seeing inconstancy of mahatana literature. So, I am not very trustful of what the authors of this literature suggests.)

Also, why is buddha extremely rare?

Another slightly different question is, buddha as far as I know, had abillities to stay in this world up to aeon or remaining part of it, then why he didn’t do it? He certainly knew what is right to do, then why not?

Also, all the abillities of buddha, does it come from some short of special aggregates (Which arises in him due to his special (excessively good punna) kamma of previous births?

Also, although buddha advised us to not speculate on his abilities, I am really curious what could be range of Buddha’s power? (Was he able to do everything that was possible to do?)

LayDhammaFollower
      Participant

I am very deeply curious about such a accomplishment. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Much metta.

Lal
      Keymaster

Have you read the following post? It may explain some of your questions. Please feel free to ask any unanswered questions.

Pāramitā and Niyata Vivarana – Myths or Realities?

Sammasambodhi Gami
      Participant

In the Acintita Sutta AN 4.77, the Buddha advised not to ponder too much about four things:

“There are these four unconjecturables that are not to be conjectured about, that would bring madness & vexation to anyone who conjectured about them. Which four?

“The Buddha-range of the Buddhas is an unconjecturable that is not to be conjectured about, that would bring madness & vexation to anyone who conjectured about it.

“The jhana-range of a person in jhana…

“The [precise working out of the] results of kamma…

“Conjecture about [the origin, etc., of] the world is an unconjecturable that is not to be conjectured about, that would bring madness & vexation to anyone who conjectured about it.

“These are the four unconjecturables that are not to be conjectured about, that would bring madness & vexation to anyone who conjectured about them.”

So, the Buddha range of a Samma Sambuddha is unfathomable to us!!!

But still, for arousing faith and confidence in the Triple Gem, the Tathagata himself performed unrealistic miracles which only a Samma Sambuddha can do!!!

He is also OMNISCIENT, the possessor of all knowledges, mundane and supermundane.

He acquired all this by perfecting the “ten paramis” through many many many eons, which itself is unfathomable to us!!!

The time it takes to perfect all the paramis to its ultimate level is enormous.

Hope you get an idea about the magnitude of such a task!!!

Lal
      Keymaster

Thanks for the insights, C. Saket.

Good to see you back in the forum!

Lal
      Keymaster

C. Sacket has sent me an email saying that he was unable to add the following to the above comment.

No other sentient being in our universe can be compared to a Samma Sambuddha. He surpasses all other beings in knowledge and power!!!

But still for the sake of curiosity, here is a good article:
      SIX UN-SHARED SUPER-NORMAL KNOWLEDGES (ASADHARANA NANA) OF LORD GAUTAMA BUDDHA

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.