General Information and Updates

Welcome! Forums 1- General Information and Updates General Information and Updates

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Lal 2 days, 9 hours ago.

• Author

Lal
    Keymaster

March 2, 2018:  I realized that some of you may be using cell phones or other reading devices that may not show the side bar at the Discussion Forum.  So, you may not see the following information.

March 5, 2018: New Post on “Cloning and Gandhabba“.

January 24, 2018

• If you got locked out when trying to register, or if you have any technical difficulties, please send me an email at: [email protected].
    • Note that some topics are closed to further comments. But they provide detailed explanations, and anyone can read them. I can also re-open them, if I get any new ideas/questions on them by email.

December 23, 2017

I really would like everyone to participate in the discussions. I know some of you automatically direct questions to me as in the past. Please make sure not to do that and make it an open question, where anyone can answer.

Also, please do not hesitate to answer others’ questions. We all make mistakes. I have corrected myself – or made the point in a better way– in old posts as I learn more. Trying to answer a question gets one to think about it.

A list of new posts is updated at each time a new post is published:
    New / Revised Posts

• This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Lal.
    • This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Lal.

Lal
    Keymaster

March 23, 2018:

Do not try to edit posts older than an hour! It will get DELETED. Just make a new reply with what you want to revise.

July 1, 2018:

The Search function at the Forum does not work.

However, a Search done at the main site now includes relevant posts at the Forum, as well as posts at the main site.

Lal
    Keymaster

To provide a link to a post, please follow the following procedure.

• Open the web page on a new browser window. Copy the title of the post and paste it in the posting where you want to put the link.
    • Now go back and copy the URL of the web page.

• Come back to the posting, highlight the title and click the “link” button on the format panel.

• A new window will open up and paste that copied link to the “URL” slot. Also, select “Open link in a new tab”, and click “Add Link” button at the bottom.

This way, one reading the post will be able to open the post in question in a new window, so that he/she can go back and forth between the post and the web page in question.

Lal
    Keymaster

It turns out that Tobias G had tried tried 5 times to make a posting and he could not get it posted. Finally, he sent me an email and I was able see to that they were all there labelled “spam”. I was able to “unspam” the posting.

This happened once to upekkha100 last week too. I was able to unspam it too.

If anyone runs into the same problem, please send me an email:
    [email protected].

That email address is working properly now. I had some problems with it initially.

Lal
    Keymaster

I suspect that the link at the main page “Subscribe to New Posts via Email” may not be working. I may need to fix it.

If you have any experience (you had subscribed and it stopped or it simply did not work or it is working and you do get notified with a link to each new post), please send me an email at [email protected]. Please let me know your experience.

I would really appreciate that.

Lal
    Keymaster

Lal
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.