- March 3, 2018 at 10:10 am #14272
March 2, 2018: I realized that some of you may be using cell phones or other reading devices that may not show the side bar at the Discussion Forum. So, you may not see the following information.
- Problems with Registering, Login, Lost Password?
- How to Reply to a Forum Question
- Pure Dhamma Discussion Forum Guidelines
March 5, 2018: New Post on “Cloning and Gandhabba“.
January 24, 2018
- If you got locked out when trying to register, or if you have any technical difficulties, please send me an email at: [email protected].
- Note that some topics are closed to further comments. But they provide detailed explanations, and anyone can read them. I can also re-open them, if I get any new ideas/questions on them by email.
December 23, 2017
I really would like everyone to participate in the discussions. I know some of you automatically direct questions to me as in the past. Please make sure not to do that and make it an open question, where anyone can answer.
Also, please do not hesitate to answer others’ questions. We all make mistakes. I have corrected myself – or made the point in a better way– in old posts as I learn more. Trying to answer a question gets one to think about it.
A list of new posts is updated at each time a new post is published:
New / Revised Posts
- June 16, 2018 at 3:28 pm #16443
March 23, 2018:
Do not try to edit posts older than an hour! It will get DELETED. Just make a new reply with what you want to revise.
July 1, 2018:
The Search function at the Forum does not work.
However, a Search done at the main site now includes relevant posts at the Forum, as well as posts at the main site.
- November 5, 2018 at 7:35 am #19372
To provide a link to a post, please follow the following procedure.
- Open the web page on a new browser window. Copy the title of the post and paste it in the posting where you want to put the link.
Now go back and copy the URL of the web page.
Come back to the posting, highlight the title and click the “link” button on the format panel.
A new window will open up and paste that copied link to the “URL” slot. Also, select “Open link in a new tab”, and click “Add Link” button at the bottom.
This way, one reading the post will be able to open the post in question in a new window, so that he/she can go back and forth between the post and the web page in question.
- November 20, 2018 at 6:46 am #19989
It turns out that Tobias G had tried tried 5 times to make a posting and he could not get it posted. Finally, he sent me an email and I was able see to that they were all there labelled “spam”. I was able to “unspam” the posting.
This happened once to upekkha100 last week too. I was able to unspam it too.
If anyone runs into the same problem, please send me an email:
That email address is working properly now. I had some problems with it initially.
- April 8, 2019 at 9:03 am #22527
April 8, 2019:
It has been 3 weeks since I underwent brain surgery to remove a tumor in the frontal lobe. I just wanted to provide an update and to thank everyone for having such “compassionate thoughts”.
It was a fairly large tumor, roughly 4.5 cm X 3.5 cm X 2 cm, and it took roughly about 8 hours for the surgeons to remove the material without disturbing the sensitive areas around it. It was closest to the olfactory nerves, so it is possible that my “smelling” could be affected somewhat.
– If it was not detected, the tumor could have grown more and could have affected other critical functions like vision and hearing.
Furthermore, it was not a cancerous growth, so that also reduces future risks. I will just need to be taking brain scans every 6 months or so, just to make sure that it does not grow back.
It may take me a few more weeks to “get back to normal”. I have had time to think about this experience and I hope to share some new perspectives in the coming weeks.
- April 25, 2019 at 2:15 pm #22646
April 25, 2019:
“Search” box is working for the main site. It is labelled, “Search Main Site (Enter Key Word)”.
Also, the “Search” box in the forum is working just for the forum. This is labelled, “Search”.
Please let me know if you see any problems with “Search” in either of the above cases: [email protected]
- May 3, 2019 at 3:48 pm #22780
- May 25, 2019 at 8:54 am #23332
Please Make Comments Relevant to the Given Topic
I have received complaints that some comments appear to make judgements on others. There are a wide variety of people reading this forum. Some have had long-time exposure to Buddha Dhamma and some are just being introduced to Buddha Dhamma.
Everyone should feel welcome at the forum and be comfortable in asking questions.
- May 26, 2019 at 6:43 am #23358
- May 31, 2019 at 1:54 pm #23483
- June 7, 2019 at 7:54 am #23548
- June 14, 2019 at 6:53 am #23598
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.