GBNUS

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by y not.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      y not
      Participant

Is anyone familiar with (the core teachings of) this site? I met some monks this morning and the translator
      (a female) referred me to the site in caption.

(Wikipedia: It operates as a television channel based, as I understand, in the U.S ..hence Global Buddhist Network US.)

The monks come from Thailand, and these particular ones recently flew in from Rome. The only official ‘Buddhist’ organization on the Island is a small Vajrayana community (black robes)

I tried listening in to some videos with English subtitles. The discourse I watched was heavily punctuated by
      interjections from the audience, somewhat like, not to say much like, an American talk show…bordering on the humorous (!)

Any guidance?

Thanks in advance.

Lal
      Keymaster

Sorry. I am not familiar with the website. If you can send me ([email protected]) a link to a selected post with English subtitles, I can post it.

y not
      Participant

You had better not post the link, Lal. That is why I did not bother sending it to you. The Buddha’s
      Community is not a humorous institution . . . that was the first thought that occurred to me and making
      that accessible here, of all sites..

Those who are just curious can simply google it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.