January 23, 2021 at 6:55 am #33110
I used to feel very cold right after meditation and its winters, What should I Do, any suggestions? Has anyone experienced the same, When it will go away?
I tried following things
-Covering myself with a blanket, Exercising right after coming out of meditation.
If anyone has any suggestions please give.
January 23, 2021 at 8:42 am #33111LalKeymaster
“I used to feel very cold right after meditation and its winters”
– Is it because it is Winter?
It is also possible that one’s body responds to meditation with one becoming cold, thirsty, sweaty, frozen, etc.
– Those can be good signs indicating that the body can feel the effects of meditation.
In any case, one needs to take appropriate actions to remove any discomfort.
For example, wear something warm, drink water, turn on cooling correspondingly. If one’s body becomes “frozen”, one can just get up and do a walking meditation.
– There is no need to sit like a statue in any of those cases. Getting up to drink water will not disturb an “effective samadhi.”
– One can do mediation in all four postures (sitting, standing, walking, and lying down).
The ultimate goal of meditation is to cultivate Panna (wisdom) and realize the unfruitfulness AND dangers in the rebirth process.
January 23, 2021 at 10:08 am #33112
Actually I am trying to cultivate Jhana and during meditation I am fine and good, but as soon as I ‘End it’ and ‘Get up or sitting down with changed posture’, I feel very cold and I think the wintery weather is alleviating that ‘after cool spree’.
– Its amazing that during the meditation, despite winters, the ‘cool pleasure’ in body is ‘soothing’ but this sukha is very different from the sudden drop down of temperature and cold shivering ‘after’ coming out of Jhana.
– This aftermath coldness is a hindrance for my Jhana cultivation, if it would be summers then I think this aftermath wouldn’t be a problem.
“The ultimate goal of meditation is to cultivate Panna (wisdom) and realize the unfruitfulness AND dangers in the rebirth process.”
-Yes sir, This is what I used to do mostly, I was never been able to sit in meditation for long, actually I NEVER tried to meditate because I am glad that I found the real meaning of meditation i.e. ‘contemplation’ in the first place, so I never did any formal sitting or a ‘procedure'(Kammathana), but contemplated on dhamma concepts walking or sitting casually.
– But recently, I am not left with Dhamma concepts to contemplate during a walk or to say it other way, everything has fit nicely into the big picture, I have ‘seen’ the way to Nibbana and I want to get there quickly.
– So, I am practicing to remove Kama Raga and Patigha via 1st Ariya Jhana, It is not requiring ‘efforts’ to get into Jhana because I always focused on purifying the mind and connecting the dots and contemplation, meditation was out of the question. But STUBBORN Kama Raga and Patigha, I think can only go by the mastering the first absorption, but the cold shivering or winters is coming in the way.
Again all thanks to you, Venerable Waharakha Thero, and the Buddha!
May all beings attain the only happiness of Nibbana.
January 24, 2021 at 6:08 am #33120LalKeymaster
Yes. This could be a jhanic experience (or getting close to it).
January 24, 2021 at 11:52 pm #33131
Okay sir :)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.