Difference Between Dukkha Saccha & Dukkha Ariya Saccha

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Lal.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ravi777
      Participant

Dear Lal,

I really want to know what is the difference between Dukkha Saccha and Dukkha Ariya Sachcha. This was in Waharaka Thero’s sermons, but I did not quite understand.

With Mettha,

Ravi

lal54
      Participant

Hello Ravi,

Dukha (suffering) is different from Dukkha Sacca/Dukkha Ariya Sacca. 

• But I don’t think there are two versions of Noble Truths.

Can you post the link to the sermon you listened to?

ravi777
      Participant
      lal54
      Participant

I listened to the beginning of it. I think it says exactly what I mentioned above.

1. Dukha (suffering) differs from Dukkha Sacca/Dukkha Ariya Sacca.

2. Average people think Dukkha Sacca is about “suffering,” meaning physical or mental suffering in this life. So, they believe one can get rid of such despair by “meditation.” They think “pleasurable activities” will give them long-term “pleasure.”

3. But the Buddha taught that those “pleasurable activities” are the “root cause of suffering” in the REBIRTH PROCESS. When we seek pleasure by engaging in such “pleasurable activities,” we inadvertently cultivate abhisankhara. That is “avijja paccaya sankhara” in the Paticca Samuppada process.

4. Please let me know if the discourses you mentioned say otherwise. I can listen to them tomorrow to make sure. Now it is my bedtime here!

ravi777
      Participant

Thanks Lal for your explanation.

lal54
      Participant

You are welcome!

I have started a new series of posts to approach Buddha Dhamma systematically:

Buddhism – In Charts

It could be useful since there are many sections on the website that “evolved” over time. 

ravi777
      Participant

Thanks for the Info’ Lal. 

I also found a youtube channel by Dhammadinna Maaniyo, a student of Waharaka Thero:-

(202) නිස්සරණය කරා I Nissaranaya Kara – YouTube

However, it is mostly in Sinhala, but the explanations are very enlightening.

Lal
      Keymaster

Thank you, Ravi. I will listen when I get some time.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.