Anicca Nature and Anger

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Lal.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      samantha
      Participant

Very briefly, the meanings are as follows. Icca means desire. If we believe that it is possible to fulfill that desire and be happy, that is the perception of nicca. The opposite of nicca is anicca.

I understand this fully. But trying to figure out how anger occurs and how do you put it under Anicca nature.

But when it comes to anger, for example. Say X saw someone he/she doesn’t like.
      How do we solve this with Tilakkhana?

So first, the “Phassa” process occurs. Then X would get Dukha vedana, which leads to Samphassa Ja Vedana, and based on X’s Gati, he/she would act with Sankhara.

So what’s X’s desire here?  To carry on with anger to fulfill that desire? ( Nicca) I don’t think anger is a desire, so what is really Nicca Sanna here?

Do you take this as  –  

Rupa, Vedana, Sanna, Sankhara, Vinnana  arises, lasts for a certain time, and then perishes –  arising/destruction  ( Anicca)

Which leads to (Dukkha)  If it leads to Dukkha nothing to be taken as fruitful here.

Can you explain this a little Lal. Sorry I tried my best to ask this question in the right order. But its all over the place :)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Gad
      Lal
      Keymaster

Your question: “But when it comes to anger, for example. Say X saw someone he/she doesn’t like.
      How do we solve this with Tilakkhana?”

The “anicca nature” leads to dissatisfaction in the end. That is what “anicca” means.

• Even though X would not like to see that thing, X may not be able to get rid of it. Thus, X becomes stressed.
      • Now, X may be able to get rid of it by taking action. But that action is likely to involve akusala kamma (abhisankhara). For example, if the “thing” is a co-worker at the workplace, X may be able to spread a lie and get that person fired. That involved lying and thus is an akusala kamma that will bring unpleasant vipaka in the future. Thus, even if X can get rid of that person, the outcome is more suffering in the long run.
      3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.