Anicca : "It’s Always the (Same) Sun" ?

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Yeos.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Yeos
      Participant

No it isn’t even if when looking at it one has the impression (sanna) that it is.
      One has the (false) impression of an outline and of a mass (rupa) that seems to be always the same but it is not.
      In fact it’s even more complex since from core to periphery Sun’s “internal” condition/state is unceasingly changing (…subtler then just “impermanence”…).
      Moreover can one say that rupa(s) have an outline that separates it from “all the rest” ?
      Anicca can’t be confined to the physical/psychic/moral human-condition (even if human “mano”/mind is a flagrant example of it), Anicca is in every thing and being all the time…

Christian
      Participant

For me, you are approaching it from the wrong perspective. It’s not image on the wall to make an idea about it like in some gallery or meeting. It’s wisdom that needs to be actualized so your mind experience leaps over or changes over time.

People can take any ideas and try to make sensual pleasure or satisfaction stories inside their mind but this is a no different than sexual compulsion.

Making up stories about Anicca can also suggest inner insecurity or fear to approach it or realize the essence so you need to be aware of that.

It’s better to not make it more complicated or confused but its the best to try to make it the most approachable and simple to understand. Bringing anything other than straight teachings can actually harm Dhamma teachings.

Yeos
        Participant

@Christian: “It’s not image on the wall to make an idea about it like in some gallery or meeting. It’s wisdom that needs to be actualized so your mind experience leaps over or changes over time.”

No.

First of all if you re-read the post really attentively you’ll notice that I also refer to insight/wisdom (as you wrote) part : “Anicca can’t be confined to the physical/psychic/moral human-condition – even if human “mano” (mind) is a flagrant example of it”.

To perceive Anicca just as the”inability to maintain anything at one’s own satisfaction” it’s, let’s say, ok BUT isn’t enough. Anicca is an omnipresent cosmic fact which is in every-thing-and-being; from the lowest petras to the highest brahmas, humans, animals…whatever. Except Nibanna.

Otherwise one should recognise Anicca in oneself and around oneself.

Lal
      Keymaster

Yeos: I assume you are talking about “San” and not “Sun”? I have changed “Sun” in the title of the topic to “San”.

Here is the sub section on “san”: San

Yeos
        Participant

@Lal : no, it’s a typing mistake on my side , i wanted to mean SUN.

Anicca applies to everything, is in everything but i choose to took the Sun as an example.

Because i appreciate the Sun…

One should recognise Anicca in oneself and around oneself.

Lal
      Keymaster

OK. I see. You were talking about the changes in the “Sun”.

I revised it back.

Yeos
        Participant

Thank you.

In the Sun yes, however i could have used anything else…since anything else is composed, since anything else “is”/comes from paticca samupadda.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.