Account of an Interesting Out-of-Body Experience

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lal
      Keymaster

Here is a presentation by a neurosurgeon who has had an out-of-body experience. In order to get the full impact, one needs to listen to the whole presentation, because what he mentions at the end is an amazing thing itself.

Key points:

1. I read his book too. But it not necessary to read the book. In the book he says that he was in the heaven during those 7 days when he was in a coma.
        But in fact, he was in the “para loka” or the gandhabba world; see, “Mental Body – Gandhabba” and “Gandhabba (Manomaya Kaya)“.
      2. Gandhabba world is very complex. There are many widely different “regions” in that realm where gadhabbas with widely varying gati live.
        -What he has been to seems to be a “region” or a “locale” where gandhabbas with “excellent gati” live.
      3. In fact, most people who have had “out-of-body experiences” describe very similar scenarios.
        – It could just be that some people who have been to “bad regions” in the gandhabba world just do not talk about it.

Eben Alexander: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey through the Afterlife

vilaskadival
      Participant

Thank you Lal for sharing this one.

Indeed, he had a great experience and hope that he can get rid of raga, dvesha and moha to merge in entirely which is what Buddha teachings will do for a person.

I was able to reflect upon the experience I had in 1995 which took me to a different realms of existence.

Tobias G
      Participant

How do you understand the “love”-thing he is talking about?
      Also this “…we are here in the soul school … you have nothing to fear…you are a devine creature”

vilaskadival
      Participant

Tobias wrote :How do you understand the “love”-thing he is talking about?
      Also this “…we are here in the soul school … you have nothing to fear…you are a devine creature”

In my experience, what he saw was a place of para loka where it was filled with greenery and other beautiful things which is “pure sensual” and he felt like a soul school where each of them were playing and enjoying. This can certainly happen as there are many different dimension of paraloka depending upon each person’s gati.

Love here is unconditional is what everyone feels once he is out of body. This body is the limitation and if someone were to get out (as in astral travel) they can feel so blissful of being out of dirt and then feel deep love for all. The common love what we feel is always “conditional” and once the person is out of body for whatever reason is unconditional as it seems “blissful” and gives a chance for the being to wish for everyone’s happiness as feels liberated, but yet in para loka.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.