Reply To: Different types of Buddhism

Sammasambodhi Gami
Participant

Happy new year everyone.

Friend Vajraguru (Dharmakirti), I apologise if my comments were too harsh. I don’t want to demotivate anyone. I just wanted to make clear distinctions between real Buddhism and the counterfeit ones. 

A person can follow anyone’s teachings if it suits his/her understanding. There is no compulsion. My point is that we should be very careful in labelling or declaring any guru’s/ lama’s/yogi’s/god’s teachings as Lord Buddha’s Dhamma.

Lord Buddha’s Dhamma is very unique, very rare and very profound. Its the Dhamma that the world has not heard before (pubbe ananusutessu Dhammesu).

A Samma Sambuddha’s Dhamma (if followed properly and diligently) leads to the removal of raga, dosa, moha from the mind. This is the method to check whether you are following Lord Buddha’s Dhamma or any mundane teaching.

Note that there is a huge difference between “removing” raga, dosa, moha and “suppressing” (temporarily subsiding) raga, dosa, moha.  Its very important to identify this difference otherwise many people start believing that they have attained Nibbana whereas in reality they have only achieved a mundane Samadhi/anariya Jhana.

For understanding Lord Buddha’s teachings, knowing the correct meanings/interpretations of key concepts like Paticca Samuppada, Anicca, Dukkha, Anatta, Pancupadanakkhanda, etc is necessary. 

I hope you or anyone reading this comment will wisely reflect, investigate and contemplate the TRUTH. 

With loving kindness…

May everyone realise the Noble Truth and achieve Nibbana!

2 users thanked author for this post.