Reply To: Buddha Pooja

TripleGemStudent
Participant
What are some hugely meritorious activities we can do every day for the purpose of creating a conducive environment for Nibbāna?

In addition to what was mentioned, if I have understood this correctly, I believe contemplating on anicca is the highest meritorious activity that we can do in our every day life. 

I don’t really know much or would like to comment too much on this topic, but thought of sharing an observation / comment. 

– “The Maha Bodhi Tree is the most exceptional tree in the entire existence”.
– “You will be surprised but the original Bodhi Tree is not in India. It is actually in Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka”
– “The real Bodhi Tree CAN NOT be destroyed by anything or anyone in the universe because it is the focal point of the Pure Immeasurable Buddha Energy.” 

If the real Bodhi Tree cannot be destroyed by anything or anyone in the universe, then the current or previous Bodhi tree located in Mahabodhi Temple in India cannot be the real Bodhi tree. Because it’s mentioned: 

“The original tree under which Siddhartha Gautama sat is no longer living. It was destroyed by a storm in the 6th century AD. However, a descendant of the original tree was planted in its place, and this tree is still alive today. It is located in the Mahabodhi Temple in Bodh Gaya, India, and it is a major pilgrimage site for Buddhists from all over the world.”

How can the real Bodhi tree be destroyed by a storm even when Mara and his army cannot even come close to it? This doesn’t make any sense.

If the original Bodhi Tree is actually in Anuradhapura, how do we reconcile with the materials that says / mentions the Bodhi Tree in Anuradhapura was brought over by Sangamitta Maha Theri from India? 

Since this issue or the question I brought up isn’t the most critical on the path. Currently I’m not really seeking an satisfactory answer, but just thought I would share my observation or comment. 
1 user thanked author for this post.