Reply To: “Upadana” for Dhamma — Waharaka Thero sermon

Lal
Keymaster

Per my comment #44650 above:

I have revised that comment. I am copying and pasting the relevant section from that comment:

• Even in the Kusala-Mula PS, the sense faculties must be used as “āyatana” and not just sense faculties. If only sense faculties are used, there is no CONSCIOUS thinking involved.

The process is explained in “Kusala-Mula Paṭicca Samuppāda.”

• In #5: ““kusala-mūla paccayā saṅkhāro, saṅkhāra paccayā viññāṇaṃ, viññāṇa paccayā nāmarupaṃ, nāmarupa paccayā salāyatanaṃ, salāyatana paccayā phasso, phassa paccayā vedanā, vedanā paccayā pasādo, pasāda paccayā adhimokkho, adhimokkha paccayā bhavo, bhava paccayā jāti, jāti paccayā jarā maraṇaṃ. Evametesaṃ dhammānaṃ samudayo hoti.

P.S. May 6, 2023: I have revised the post “Kusala-Mula Paṭicca Samuppāda” to add #6 as below.

6. In the above verse, “dhammānaṃ samudayo hoti” refers to four types of “special dhammā that arise due to the Kusala-Mūla PS process.  

• As we discussed in the post, “What are Rūpa? – Dhammā are Rūpa too!” dhammā means “to bear things in this world.” When one cultivates the Noble Path as an Ariya (Noble Person), one attains four stages magga phalaSotapanna, Sakadāgāmi, Anāgāmi, and Arahant
  • Dhammā referred to in the above verse are those that “bear” those four magga phala.