March 20, 2023 at 7:25 pm #44028
1. It must be a printing error, but it is in the Buddha Jayanthi (Pali-Sinhala) edition, too (p.178 for those who may have access to it.)
- “Viveka” means “stress-free” in both Pāli and Sinhala languages.
2. The correct application of vivekaṭṭho is in the following verse, for example: “Nirodhassa nissaraṇaṭṭho, vivekaṭṭho, asaṅkhataṭṭho, amataṭṭho—”
- Thus, it should be associated with Nibbana (Nirodha).
- That verse is in the “2.2. Saccakathā” section of the Tipitaka Commentary, “Paṭisambhidāmagga.”