Reply To: Compilation of experience note

namo0804
Participant

Nowadays, I think I have often unterstood the process of making new bhava with kamma viññāṇa.

How does lobha make the pretta bhava?

I understood as follows :

• Lobha is based on the mind that “I do not have this one severely!” It looks natural that such a mindset makes preta bhava.

And why does Dana leads to the deva or human bhava?

• When we give something to others, we have the mindset of “I have this, you don’t have it, so let us share.”
  • It looks natural that such a mindset makes good bhava or good vipaka.

In a word, craving is a statement about deficiency in itself.

• Using this fact, we can see why we have to do saṅkhāra. Why?
  • Because we do not have something in our pancupādānakkhandha, structurally/automatically.

For example, why should humans eat food?

• Because human bhava does not automatically produce food.

In contrast, a Brahma does not need any food.

Because Brahma bhava arose due to a mindset with alobha.

And this structure, called bhava, is created by our defiled mind named kamma viññāna.

Why?

To enjoy something, we must be lacking it inherently and are under stress (pīḷana); thus, we enjoy it when we finally get it. 

For example, water tastes good if we are very thirsty. But after we had enough water, we would not enjoy drinking more.

Because of this, we could conclude that amisa sukha is just a pain killer.

To quote Laydhammafollower’s advice: bhava(=maintaining sansara) is a disease, amisa sukha is just a painkiller, and we can fully recover by reaching  Nibbana.

In the rebirth process, we have always had cravings because we thought they could give us pleasure and happiness.

But in reality, our cravings have only brought us “states of deficiency,” i.e., we are always looking for ways to reduce stress (pīḷana), and when we get it after much struggle, we become joyful. That is our ignorance!

In summary, when we crave something, it leads to future bhava with more deficiency built in. 

That is why it is a never-ending process until we get rid of tanhā (craving) for worldly things!