1. It is still NOT 100% certain that listening to a LIVE discourse by an Ariya is necessary for a Sotapanna Anugami to attain the Sotapanna phala moment.
– That requirement is NOT THERE to become a Sotapanna Anugami.
2. There are EIGHT Noble Persons (Ariya): Sotapanna Anugami, Sotapanna, Sakadagami Anugami, Sakadagami, etc.
– Each of those is guaranteed to be free of rebirths in the apayas. They are all guaranteed of full Nibbana within a relatively short time.
– My point is as long as one is a Sotapanna Anugami, the next steps WILL happen in due time.
3. While I wrote the above, the following thought came to my mind: Sotapanna Anugami is also an Ariya.
– But the “phala moment” must happen to make one a Sotapanna.
– The question of “is listening to a live discourse by a higher Noble Person” necessary to get to that “phala moment” has not been fully resolved.
I think that should clarify the current status.