Reply To: kusala mula PS leads not to rebirth

Lal
Keymaster

Tobias asked: “What we don’t know: how is bhava defined in the last cycle with namarupa involved? It should not be kammabhava/upapattibhava, because the kamma is akaṇhaṃ asukkaṃ (neither dark nor bright).”

It is correct that kamma in the kusala-mula PS is “is akaṇhaṃ asukkaṃ (neither dark nor bright)”
– It does not create “kamma bhava” that can bring future vipaka. Such “kamma bhava” are created by “upadana paccaya bhava”.
– In the Kusala-mula PS, it is “adhimokkha paccayā bhavo” That does not create kamma bhava or uppatti bhava.
– That is what I was trying to explain (in different words) in my earlier comments. Please read those again. With Kusala-mula PS, one makes progress in the “Ariya bhava.”

Tobias asked: “Is there a complete kusala mula PS in the literature, in a commentary in the Tipitaka?”
– Not in detail like for the Akusala-mula PS. But we can deduce it. That is why it is not explained.
P.S. I don’t think anyone in recent years has explained it until Waharaka Thero. That is why there is no English translation of it at Sutta Central They don’t even understand the 16-cycle analysis. In fact, I don’t think I have seen the Kusala-mula PS in any English text (even in the short form).