Reply To: Consciousness (Mind v Brain) Citta Vithi

Lal
Keymaster

Thanks, Dipo.

When I wrote, “I am just trying to get an idea of how to make an outline..” I did not mean writing an essay. I meant making suggestions on what to read on this website.
– It is not even possible to make a brief “outline”. Buddha Dhamma can be understood in different ways. In any approach, it will take time, and how much time will depend on the person. You may not need that much time, but only you can know that.
– The bottom line is that until one understands the Four Noble Truths, Paticca Samuppada, and Tilakkhana, one would not have a good understanding of Buddha dhamma. Those three are interrelated.

One set of essays is “Origin of Life

Another approach is: “Paṭicca Samuppāda in Plain English

I recently started on another: “Paṭicca Samuppāda During a Lifetime

– You may want to scan through some of those topics and see whether they could be helpful.
– I can try to answer any questions that you may have.

P.S. I forgot to answer your question: ” I am curious to know the sutta associated with your mention: “The Buddha prohibited the use of the Sanskrit language to teach Buddha Dhamma.” That would be a useful sutta to know.”

See #9 of “Preservation of the Buddha Dhamma“. Probably a good idea to read the whole post.