Reply To: Meditation Techniques

raj
Participant

I was just sharing what works for me. Every individual is different.
In my personal experience, being aware of the breath slows down the jumping nature of the mind.
When I get up in the morning and engage in Buddho breath, the mind is focused and it is easier to meditate. If not, as soon as I get up the mind will start thinking of things to do, and then it will start jumping all over the place, and I will be thinking of something I did 50 years ago, which has nothing to do with the present moment.
I am able to concentrate on a subject matter when there is breath awareness even on day to day activities.
Regarding Buddho, it is a spiritual anchor. Part of the mind is aware of the Buddha and the mind will tend to act with kusala mula instead of the akusala (where lust, anger, greed, envy, hatred and other bad qualities will have an influence over the mind).
Each individual has to see what works best, and it also depends on what one wants to achieve in life.
I am a retired old man, I can afford to do Buddho meditation when I get up, on the other hand
a younger person with lot of goals to achieve, will start planning the day even before getting off the bed. But the same person can do Buddho breath on the weekend if he/she wants to be a little relaxed.