Reply To: Gandhabba and Bhava dasaka

Lal
Keymaster

“And after the gati has changed from male to female, for example, the gandhabba blueprint coming out of the body (in that same bhava) would also have changed, I assume?”

I did not say that the bhava dasaka necessarily changed in the above case.
– Change in the sex organs would not require a change in the bhava dasaka. As I explained above, bhava dasaka incorporates the “gati” (itthi gati or purisa gati). One with itthi gati is more likely to have female sex organs.
– In the account of that wealthy person whose sex organs changed, his bhava dasaka did not have to change.

I hope that point is clear. If not please ask.

DanielSt asked: “How about the case of two-and three-rooted consciousness? Would it work similarly, or does this need a new bhava transition?”
– No. Those do not change until a new bhava is grasped.
– So, the bottom line is that a human gandhabba would have the same “dasakas” lasting through the end of the bhava.

I welcome your questions, DanielSt.
– My goal is to have fully self-consistent (of course, consistent with the Tipitaka too) accounts at the website.

So, if anyone sees any inconsistency, please don’t hesitate to point them out. But it would make it much easier for me if the exact place in a post is referred and any external reference is also provided. That would be easier for me to make necessary revisions too.