Reply To: Can an Anagami be reborn anywhere in the Rupa Loka or only in the Pure Abodes?

Vinh
Participant

Thank you for the answer isn’t karma raga and the patigha fetter temporarily supressed (not removed like in an anagami ) in brahmas of the rupa loka does this not imply an Anagami can have non sensual desires (while an anagami removes kama raga and patigha he doesn’t remove the higher fetter for desire for rupa pleasure which only is removed at arhat )like that of the first  dhyana ?I remember an old post of you where you mentioned that technicly sotappana etc isn’t about what bhava is possible but what bhava becomes impossible at sotppana it means free from apaya at sakadgami free from human realm (only deva realm +)and at anagami free from the sense sphere .(only brahma realms )Certainly the pure abodes can only be occupied by anagamis but there is a difference between all beings in the pure abodes being anagamis and all anagamis having to be in the pure abode . At anagami the 5 lower fetters are anihiliated yet only and arhat removes desire for rupa pleasure . Considering this does this not mean an anagami can be attached to the first dhyana pleasure for example(certainly no sense pleasure ) would it not make sense that a being free of the Sense world but attached to this pleasure is reborn there ?i remember a sutta in which an anagami becomes reborn in the first dhyana and attains arhat from there (upon which he immediately passes in the first dhyana ) there was also a sutta in which two devas are taught by a noble one who become anagamins and are reborn in the brahma purohita realm(give  me a little till I find the two suttas )

-vinh