Reply To: Jethavanarama Buddhist Monastery – English Discourses

Jittananto
Participant

Hello everybody.

• I am a member of the Whatsapp group for Canadian and American devotees of the Jethavaranama monastery. Although most group members are Sri Lankan, people from other countries are welcome to join. This year, the Jethavaranama monastery has allowed devotees from these countries to organize the Wesak ceremony, which is scheduled to take place on May 23, 2024. The organizers have created a separate WhatsApp group for those who wish to contribute to this ceremony in their way. Detailed information will be provided by one of the organizers at the end of March. I have spoken to one of the organizers who informed me that people from all countries are welcome to participate and join the group. If you’re interested, here is the WhatsApp link to join the group directly. https://chat.whatsapp.com/KJOqohkbDtI0zcxgVAVbdU
  • If you have any questions regarding the ceremony contact Miss Ajitha Cristie David on +1 (313) 910 7148.

Please note that only the group administrators can send messages. It is a meritorious activity that brings many Kusulas. For those who don’t know Wesak is the day of Lord Buddha Gautama’s birth, his enlightenment, and his parinibbānna. By participating in this ceremony you contribute to the preservation of Sasana. The Kusulas will be even more powerful if you have a good understanding of Tilakkhana.

1 user thanked author for this post.