Reply To: Compact Dhamma

lal54
Participant

The following post is by Dosakkhayo:

Let me show you this youtube video.

The essence of calculus

Although this video is about calculus, I’m not showing you this to study calculus. Instead, I would like to show you how to teach advanced knowledge.
At 0:53, it said: “My goal is for you to come away feeling like they could have invented calculus yourself.”
I believe we should teach Dhamma just that way. Extract the core idea of a given concept, show them how the core ideas connect, and only give them detailed information once it gets needed.
We might find a solution to too many Pali word problems here, “extracting the core idea of a given concept”.
For example, I can teach the importance of removing ditthasava.
Imagine you are in a maze and blindfolded.
You can move but can’t see. In this state, you can walk but will be bumped against a wall.
Now the blindfold is removed. It’s easier than before, but the wall is still too high to seek a way to go out.
What if you have a bird’s-eye view of the maze?

Maze solving with dead-end filling algorithm

Then the only way left is to exit. Like this video.
But if you don’t get a bird’s-eye view of the maze, you must meet a dead-end alley.

I have explained so far without Pali, but we got the point about the inside logic of the importance of vipassana meditation and the meaning of getting Buddha’s worldview.