Reply To: Most Important Basics

Dipobhasadhamma
Participant

What I have discovered Lal:

1. “Should a seeker not find a companion who is better or equal, let them resolutely pursue a solitary course.” Dhammapada 61
  2. Completion of the Noble Eightfold Path results in a persistent state of calmness, where nothing material and even mental pleasantries outside of the Dhamma seems attractive or desired.
    1. This leads to a kind of isolation, where gathering with others who are not inclined to the Dhamma holds no attraction. When I am in a situation where I find myself amongst such persons, there is a sense of detachment, as though I were not really there.
    2. Upon waking in the morning there are no other thoughts but the Dhamma. (Sometimes I have to remind myself to eat.)
    3. All I want to do is learn the Dhamma, teach the Dhamma, and learn the deeper things of the Buddha’s teachings.
      1. Is it somehow strange (healthy) that nothing else seems to matter anymore?
  3. Focus on the paramitas takes the front of the mind, and there is almost a tangible sense of Nibbana, and yet it seems far away.
    1. Ädeenava becomes a natural part of the mind. The name of the path becomes Ädeenava.
  4. I envision the path of the mountain simile as a one way trip. The path behind no longer exists, step by step, the path behind disappears. It is pointless to look at the path I have left behind.
  5. In one section of your site you state: “Anyone reading this website has been exposed to Buddha Dhamma in the past.” I know that this statement is true. Although I started on the path late in life, it now feels as though I never left…it seems all so familiar and natural. (https://puredhamma.net/three-levels-of-practice/moral-living-and-fundamentals/where-to-start-on-the-path/)
  6. Knowing: Knowing that I know is intense, wonderful, a bit scary, and has caused the feeling of detachment, dissatisfaction and dispassionate about the world at large.

That is what I have discovered.