Reply To: Taking Back my old claim based on newfound awareness

LayDhammaFollower
Participant

When I started this thread, I was not able to even understand what was wrong the worldly existence from POV of buddha dhamma. But now I can see adīnava of it.

You have frequently said that a Sottapana no longer NECESSARILY needs any guidance on how to get free from assadā.

Yet, I am not able to see any nissarana from Samsarā. What would vimutti looklike. I don’t understand.

Right now I am trying to devlop clarity on basics of dhamma. I understand sakkāya, yathabhuta Nana, PañcaUpādānaKhandha and now I can confidently claim that I have BASIC understanding/insight into first noble truth as well.

I understand that all of us are going through the same kind of sufferings at base level. None of us could keep what we like as we wish. And there is nothing out there except nibbanā which could grant us nissarana from all the adīnava of sansarā.

Yet, I DON’T SEE SYSTEMATIC WAY TO PROGRESS IN DHAMMA. I AM TRYING TO LEARN AS MUCH AS ABOUT BUDDHA DHAMMA WITH ALL IT’S SUBTLETY.
Maybe I need more development of samma diṭṭhi. I feel like I am starting to understand what buddha was trying to say.
Yet, I am not sure.