Reply To: Ghandhabba, Jati, Vinnana (Consciousness)

Dipobhasadhamma
Participant

Dear Lal,

Thank you Lal. I hope that you are able to gain some headway in the other forum. What did the Buddha do when faced with someone whose apparent ignorance was solid as granite? It is my belief that all of the mistranslations, misinterpretations and warping of the Buddha Dhamma in our present Age, are due in part to humankind’s seeming love affair with individuality. Many Westerners seek to develop their own concept of what the Buddha taught, and at times with righteous indignation. Westerner’s believe they need labels for everything, including the Buddha Dhamma. This is the reason that Westerner’s gravitate toward labeling what the Buddha taught religion. Perhaps this is a sign that we are approaching the 500 years when the Dhamma will disappear until Maitraya is born. I hesitate to say this out loud, but the various Mahayana branches have not done the Buddha Dhamma any favors.

I have been reading feverishly, but as you know, deep concentration and meditation is necessary to make connections with regard to understanding the Dhamma…the big picture. Again, thank you Lal and Lang. I appreciate the help.