Reply To: Post on “Jāti – Different Types of Births”

Lal
Keymaster

y not wrote: “All that is in the posts, Lal.”

OK. I read your comment a bit more closely.

I see your misunderstanding could be in the bolded statement: “…at the BREAKUP OF THE BODY, after death” (kāyassa bhedā paraṁ maraṇā). It is natural to imagine that his listeners could have thought of no other body involved than the present physical one – param marana – after the death of the present body (surely not of the mental body, the manomaya kaya).

– “Kayassa bheda” there does not mean the death of the physical body there. It DOES mean the breakup of the kāya that arose at the beginning of the human bhava, the manomaya kāya or the gandhabba.
– It is a common mistake to take “kaya” as the physical body in ALL cases.
– The meaning of “kāya” is a collection. The manomaya kāya is a collection of hadaya vatthu and 5 pasāda rupa. That is why it is also a kāya.

Remember that “bhava paccaya jati” step refers to the birth of the manomaya kaya and NOT the birth of the physical body in the human existence or human bhava.
– Thus “at the end, “jati paccaya jara, marana” refers to the death of the manomaya kaya or the gandhabba.

That is why we need to think in terms of context, as I mentioned several times in the post.