What y not says above is correct in general.
I want to emphasize two points:
1. Having sakkaya ditthi is just one part of avijjā. But it is a big part. Removal of sakkaya ditthi basically prevents one from committing apāyagāmi deeds.
2. Removal of sakkaya ditthi is just removing a “wrong vision” about a “self.” That DOES NOT remove the “wrong saññā” about a “self”.
– Even though one realizes that it is not correct to say that “things are happening to a self,” one still has the “distorted saññā” of a “self.”
– That perception of a “me” is “asmi māna.” That wrong perception decreases in stages and is removed at the Arahant stage.
P.S. I have revised the post in question:
1. #5 in the original post was split into #5 and #6.
2. An addition was made to new #11 about wrong perceptions.
3. Few other minor revisions.