February 4, 2019 at 9:35 am #21782
firewns said: “For example, the links in paticca samuppada (which is the ultimate dhamma niyama) can operate only under suitable conditions,.”
This is the key.
– Those CONDITIONS are related to one’s mindset.
– A more defiled mindset triggers many paticca samuppada (PS) cycles.
Each PS cycle ends up in suffering.
– As one purifies one’s mind (by engaging in true Anapana/Satipatthana), those CONDITIONS will slowly reduce and eventually cease to exist.
– That is when one attains the Arahant stage. No more suffering after that.
– But it is step-by-step process.
That is a very brief summary.
As I mentioned in the topic, “Akasa dhatu vs vinnana dhatu” a little while ago, the essential steps are in the “Essential Buddhism” subsection.