Reply To: Kammic Outcomes of Ambiguous Behavior

Yeos
Participant

“don’t do to others that which you wouldn’t like that others do unto you”

The above is known as having been said by the Christ but it seems that Gautama Buddha also said something similar?

@Lal: “Those with “really covered minds” or moha will have no remorse even. So, indeed it is good that M “feels unsettled”.” This reminds me christian morals…remorse,redemption and salvation.
But of course there is a fondamental difference : in puredhamma underlying remorse,redemption and salvation there is an effort towards the understanding and integration of profound truths; whilst in christianity the major motivation is not to displease a god which will punish you by putting you in hell – the christian apayas made of fire ! And at the right moment that i’m writing the latter it suddenly comes to my mind…:

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn35/sn35.028.nymo.html

“The eye is burning, forms are burning, eye-consciousness is burning, eye-contact is burning, also whatever is felt as pleasant or painful or neither-painful-nor-pleasant that arises with eye-contact for its indispensable condition, that too is burning. Burning with what? Burning with the fire of lust, with the fire of hate, with the fire of delusion. I say it is burning with birth, aging and death, with sorrows, with lamentations, with pains, with griefs, with despairs.”

Does the Tipitaka in Sinhala confirms this translation ?