post on “Dhammā, Kamma, Saṅkhāra, Mind – Critical Connections”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dosakkhayo
      Participant

Dhammā, Kamma, Saṅkhāra, Mind – Critical Connections

“However, unlike in the previous case in #4 above, that kamma viññāṇa (kamma bīja) does not go away.”

I think the sentence should be like this: However, ~, that dhammā created by kamma viññāṇa does not go away. Of course, kamma viññāṇa generates dhammā, but kamma viññāṇa and dhammā are not the same things.

Kamma Viññāṇa – Link Between Mind and Matter

“The KEY POINT is that kamma viññāṇa is not totally mental: The mind — when attached to something — will create energy (i.e., a kamma bīja or a dhammā) that will be recorded in the kamma bhava.”

So kamma viññāṇa is a creator, and dhammā is a creation.

Lal
      Keymaster

I see what you are trying to say.

However, in many suttas, kamma viññāṇa is used instead of dhammā (kamma bija also means the same thing).
      – For example, some suttas mention “viññāṇa descending to a womb,” implying a gandhabba (created by kamma viññāṇa) descending to a womb.
      – So, one needs to know they mean the same. I think those sentences are fine.
      – Furthermore, in the second case (“kamma viññāṇa is not totally mental” – in the sense that it has ENERGY unlike vipaka viññāṇa), I wanted to emphasize the difference between vipaka viññāṇa and kamma viññāṇa.

dosakkhayo
      Participant

Okay. I understand it. Thank you for your kind explanation.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.