Micchā Diṭṭhi

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dipobhasadhamma
      Participant

Dear Lal,

After reading “Micchā Diṭṭhi, Gandhabba, and Sōtapanna Stage” and it’s related posts: What is the significance when a person has completely removed all ten of miccha ditthi? In this post you state that in accomplishing such:

“When one gets rid of all ten micchā diṭṭhi, one is truly on the mundane Eightfold Path.”

When examining my my state of mind, actions, and the extent to which the Buddha Dhamma has completely altered my understanding of existence, I feel confident that this destruction of miccha ditthi is firmly entrenched in my understanding, and my own experiences. If one were to ask me why I believe that this destruction of the ten miccha ditthi is extant in my own case, I could only answer that there is no going back to the old illusions/delusions; that no probability exists in that respect; there is no possibility of returning to the “old mind;” it would be impossible.

For me, a clear understanding of Anicca, Dukkha & Anatta, pave the way for the destruction of the ten miccha ditthi, and in fact support one’s confidence in the Buddha Dhamma. Having a clear understanding of the inter-relational aspects of Anicca, Dukkha & Anatta not only supports destruction of the ten miccha ditthi, but expands one’s understanding and meaning of the Four Noble Truths.

With metta,
      Dipo

Lal
      Keymaster

Hello Dipo,

I had made an error in that statement you quoted.

It should read, “When one gets rid of all ten micchā diṭṭhi, one is truly on the Noble Eightfold Path.” I just revised the post. It is #9 of the post, “Micchā Diṭṭhi, Gandhabba, and Sōtapanna Stage
      Just to emphasize: One who has removed the 10 types of miccha ditthi is only on the mundane path UNTIL grasping Tilakkhana. One is on the Noble Eightfold Path when one has removed the 10 types of miccha ditthi AND understood Tilakkhana.

(By the way, please provide the link to the post in question (that you quote). Otherwise, I have to spend time searching for the post)

Yes. It is easier for someone who does not have the 10 types of miccha ditthi to grasp the Tilakkhana.

Dipobhasadhamma
      Participant
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.