Reply To: Getting rid of ‘Sakkaya Ditthi’ via “dassanā pahātabbā”

Chan
Participant

Hello Mr.Lal
Thank you so much for your response.

Just to make a self introduction.
I am a 71 years old Sri Lankan Buddhist. My Name is Chandraratne Gunawardena. My home town is Kurunegala. I am a chartered computer professional with 38 years of experience in the field ICT. I followed the NDT course in Mechanical Engineering at Katubedde Campus, then followed a Diploma in Computer System Design at NIBM and hold an M.Sc in IT from UCSC University of Colombo. I have held many different responsible positions in the field of ICT locally and overseas (England , Australia…). I am still working as the Head of Engineering at Informatics Private Limited, Colombo.

– First, I need to know how much exposure you have had to Buddha Dhamma. Please provide a brief description.
During the last 10 years, I have studied Buddha Dhamma by reading books specifically books of Ven Rerukane Chandawimala Thera, and listening to live & recorded discourses on radio, TV and Youtube channels, and browsing Internet specifically Pure Dhamma site. I also share my knowledge with my friends of whom majority are retired engineers.

– Are you a practicing Buddhist or have no idea of what Buddhism is?
Yes I am a practicing Buddhist

– Do you know what the ten wrong views (miccha ditthi) are?
Yes I do

– Have you read any sections on the pure dhamma website? If so, which ones? Any comments on what you have read may help me get an idea of your current understanding

I read so many sections, Almost all under Abhidhamma, Patichcha sumuppada, Dhamma and Science , Buddha Dhamma etc. I have no comments on your posts other than to say that they are absolutely explanatory and always tally with Thripitaka.

It is a pleasure to chat with a person like you with such a vast knowledge in Buddhism.
I would like to have a live chat with you via Skype, Google Hangout or Zoom so that I can explain to you, a few gray areas that I have.

Thank you
Budu saranai