There is new study about dark matter

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Lal.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tien
      Participant

There is a new study about dark matter that propose a hypothesis that dark matter (they call quintessence) is also subject to decay. So instead of the universe keep expanding due to the pushing property of dark matter lead to the heat death, once it decay, it’ll no longer have that property and act just like regular matter and pulling the universe together, maybe even back to the singularity.

This video he goes briefly about the subject:

Lal
      Keymaster

Hello Tien,

You wrote: ” So instead of the universe keep expanding due to the pushing property of dark matter lead to the heat death, once it decay, it’ll no longer have that property and act just like regular matter and pulling the universe together, maybe even back to the singularity.”

1. The idea of the whole universe emerging from a “Big Bang” is the current scientific THEORY. It is NOT proven.

2. Buddha taught a VERY DIFFERENT picture. In that, only clusters of stars are destroyed from time to time. Each star with a planetary system is a cakkavala. A cluster of 10,000 cakkavala is destroyed at a time. Then it “re-builds” over a long time.
      – That is the process described in detail in the Agganna Sutta.
      – See, “Buddhism and Evolution – Aggañña Sutta (DN 27)

cubibobi
      Participant

Coincidentally, someone very recently sent me an article about a physicist who experienced NDE. The sender knew that I was interested in topics like these.

Physicist Who Had Near-Death Experience Explores the Afterlife, Pondering Weird Quantum Physics

This article also mentions things like dark matter, but what interested me was the analogy of the cloud as consciousness, and I’d like to borrow that analogy to apply to memories recall to see how it works out. In a post, Lal explained that memories are stored in nāma loka (viññāṇa dhātu), and we retrieve memories from there with our brain.

Where Are Memories Stored? – Viññāṇa Dhātu

Let’s say we use Google service like gmail, google calendar, Google Docs, etc.
      We retrieve those information via our personal computer, which is analogous to our brain.
      The Google cloud is like nāma loka (viññāṇa dhātu).
      When we die (our PC dies) we arrive at the Google data center for sometime and retrieve data directly from the servers at the data center.
      After sometime we get another PC (born into another body with a new brain) and retrieve data via the new PC.

In the step about death above, I made the assumption that when our PC breaks we have direct access to the Google data center until we get a new PC. This part may be strange, but the part about how retrieving memories is like retrieving data from the cloud via a PC makes sense to me. Of course, another assumption is that the Google cloud will never be down.

Physicists on the forum, such as Lal, would know whether the other hypotheses in the article make sense. Lal does have a section on quantum mechanics, but, not being from a physics background, I haven’t checked that section out in depth.

A final thought: if Dr. Alan Ross Hugenot comes across Dhamma concepts like gandhabba and para loka then he can find insights to his research.

Best,
      Lang

Lal
      Keymaster

Your analogy is an excellent one, Lang!

1. Yes. Only when the gandhabba is inside the physical body, do we need the brain to extract memories.

2. When the gandhabba is outside (like in NDE), the gandhabba can directly tap into the viññāṇa dhātu and access memories. Even though such memories are still likely to be limited, they would be much more than the memories tapped while inside the physical body.

3. Furthermore, since seeing and hearing do not require eyes, ears, and the brain, a gandhabba outside the physical body can see and hear over long distances. Of course, they can go through the walls too.
      – Many people with NDEs have reported different combinations of the above experiences.
      – A friend of mine had cultivated anariya jhanas and could get out of the physical body. One example is that she once “went” to the temple (with the gandhabba body.) There is some kind of a signpost at the entrance, and she read something on it written in small letters. She had never read that previously. But she has now understood the futility of such things based on anariya jhana and would not “get out of the body” anymore. But she says she never went through walls or didn’t even try.

The physicist/Engineer with NDE experience that Lang referred to above talks about his experiences in the following youtube video. I just found it now and watched only a part of it:

Science and Postmortem Survival with Alan Ross Hugenot

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Gad
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.