Dhamma and personal opinion on this matter . .

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      TripleGemRefuge
      Participant

Hi everyone . . .

I’m currently not able to decide what I should do in regards to a certain matter . . . If anyone can share some Dhamma or their learning of the dhamma in regards to this matter . . . that would be very helpful . .

This matter is in regards to the coronavirus . . . based on my research and sources, let’s say . . . things are not what it seems that’s currently be shared on the main stream media . . My spouse works in an occupation that puts him/her in a high risk situation. It’s not just him/her but also many of the people in that occupation. Thinking some of their faces and how well they have treated me, it brings sadness to my heart if anything were happen to them. Not just them, my family, my parents . . and many people are total ignorant in regards to how serious the current situation is and can be, just like of the true reality of existence . . . My dilemma is rather I should try to share the information that I know or not . . .

With a superficial understanding of the dhamma, I know this is all cause and effect and karma . . At one level, I can sit here with partial equanimity and let things be as they are . . . but when I think if this situation really does get worse and many people end up getting affected, it might be to late. Knowing that I could have at least warn them, rather they listened or not, I would be fine with the choice, because that’s the way it is. Just like when we try to share the dhamma with others. It’s up to people rather they listen or not. But thinking if I didn’t do anything . . . when I could have at least tried to warn them to take better precautions , what would I think then? would I regret it?

Some of you might think, well think positive, or it won’t happen, your just over thinking things, your just worrying to much etc etc . . No it’s not about that . . . I’m usually calm, don’t panic and try to see things as they are. I have a partial understanding of anicca, dukkha, anatta and practice that as often as I can. I have already accepted the fact that myself, love one’s and others are all subject to old age, sickness and death. In the big picture, this dilemma is insignificant, anatta. But, I have already given raise to this birth. Since I have already birthed, I have choose to fulfill my responsibilities as a spouse, children to my parents, pay back my debts to the people I have done harm too, treat humanity with wisdom and compassion and the most important of all is to attain Magga Phala.

But since I am where I am, should I try to warn people? Sharing of the dhamma is a no brainier for me to do. There’s no doubt in sharing of the dhamma, I truly see the value of the triple gem. But what about sharing information in regards to the coronavirus? What if things don’t get worse, I would have only created fear and stress on people. If if things do get worse and I share this information, that might also create fear and stress as well, but it could also help them to take extra precautions and help them maintain their lives for a little longer . . . Thinking of my spouse, family and others that might be affected by this and I didn’t try to warn them . . . I don’t know what to think . . . At the same time, I have the choice to sit here with partial equanimity knowing this world is anicca, dukkha, anatta. Cause and effect, karma etc . . . Which choice see this world with wisdom and compassion?

I ask myself, why do I want to share this information. It’s not because, I want to strike fear and stress on people, it’s not because I want to be a savior. The only reason that I can come up with as a honest answer is because I don’t want to suffer of losing my love ones, as well not wanting to see others lose their love ones. But if there’s something I can do to ease people’s suffering, or help them maintain their lives a little longer, but at the same time that I might cause them fear and more stress. I don’t know what I should do in regards to this situation . . . Thank you all for taking time to read this post. I would love to see/hear some dhamma and as well your own personal reflections on this kind of situation. Thank you

Lal
      Keymaster

“But since I am where I am, should I try to warn people? ”

Do you have any specific information regarding the virus that can help some people? If so, yes.

TripleGemRefuge
      Participant

I wouldn’t call it “specific information” but a variety sources of information that is not shown by the main stream media nor our government is telling us about . . . About it helping people or not, the way that I can see helping people is by giving them better preparations, more information and warning them of the potential dangers. But at the same time, it could cause panic, stress, fear in people. Trust me . . . if I don’t have this feeling or if I didn’t think this was serious, I wouldn’t be here posting this right now . . I am actually concerned for the well being of others . . . I have already accepted my fate is death for this birth, I am fine with that, but thinking about the potential dangers that lies ahead, people dying, people losing their love ones, the suffering . . . . It pains my heart to much to be easily let go of that . . People think that this will go away soon or it’s no big deal, but from the information that I have gather, pondered about it and not blindly believing in the information. I think this is quite serious . . . Worse case scenario, the Spanish flu . . . I truly hope I’m wrong, and I’m just over worrying about this . . .

Just an example of what I’m trying to share . . Right now in China, 400 million people are either on partial or complete lock down. 400 MILLION !!! more than the population of the USA and Canada combined . . If the severity was just like SARS, or the flu, does 400 Million people need to be on partial/complete locked down?!?! This is just the tip of the ice berg . . . The number people of lock down isn’t what even concerns me, there some other information that concerns me the most . . .

If you think it’s a good idea to share more information Lal, I can post it here, or if some people don’t want to know or they want to know . . . They can contact me by e-mail.

Lal
      Keymaster

Are you certain that your information is correct? Where are you getting this information? We have to be careful not to spread rumors. This is a serious issue.

The Buddha advised that it is better not to say anything unless it is true AND it is the right time to say even if it is true.
      – I cannot imagine governments not taking appropriate actions if there is such a concern.

Lvalio
      Participant

Fake News!

Lvalio
      Participant

I’m a doctor. I have many years of practice and all these years I have seen “Fakes News” like that…
      I don’t understand why these people make up these rumors. Right now in Brazil, in several WhatsApp groups, news like this has been linked…
      I don’t understand why certain people are happy to create and others in spreading fake news like that. I’ve never seen a creation before…
      This one here in the PureDhamma forum is the first creation I see…
      Carefully he invented a false story about the Corona virus… Right here in Brazil I’ve seen some. Rumor… (as at the beginning of the internet). They stopped sending me because they know I recognize rumors when I see them…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.