Videos on Science explanation of the universe

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Lal.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      TripleGemStudent
      Participant
      Trying to learn and see more how science can be used to make connections with dhamma. I came across some video’s / materials during the search and thought to share them for those that might be interested in the topic.  

I can’t say I agree with everything said in the video’s or have the knowledge / education to completely scrutinize everything mentioned. I was hoping to take what I could from the videos based on a scientific perspective and try to gain more idea’s / concepts / understanding of nature or the dhamma. One doesn’t need to spend too much time on these video’s, but thought to share for those that might be interested in the topic.      

Atom: The Illusion Of Reality
      Mentioning of a physicist using the 8 fold path! 
      Around 21:00 mins; Scientists said, “there’s nothing there on average”
      Around 47:47 mins; I thought the closing sums up current Scientists understanding of the universe 

Quite interesting hear from Scientists. “Everything we regarded as real, cannot be real”.

“Your thought would make the laser beam look like a toy”

True description of reality? Bohr’s coins only become real when we look at them. 
      Around 46:24 mins: “I’m forced to accept that at the fundamental quantum level, reality is truly unknowable”. For the next 10 – 15 minutes interesting material. 
      Around 1:08:35 mins: Thought it was an interesting experiment

Constant motion of atoms. Interesting material for the next 10 minutes. 
      38:29 mins: Scientist understanding of how assembly of atoms and other constituents make up everything in this world. 
      42:00 mins: “Disorder is the fate of everything. “
      45:12 mins: “The universe itself must one day die”
      47:48 mins: How to exploit the second law of thermodynamics. Turning disorder into order. (To me, it’s like sankhara. . .) 

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Lal
      Keymaster

Thank you! I will try to watch them when I have the time. 

• The bottom line is that scientists have tried to probe the structure of “matter” to the smallest possible levels. They have found that at that sub-microscopic level, the distinction between “matter” and “energy” is blurred. 
      • It is impossible to “pin down” the fundamental nature of “matter,” as the Buddha pointed out 2600 years ago!
      • See “Bhūta and Yathābhūta – What Do They Really Mean.”
      1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.