Semen Retention and Brahmacharya

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Lal.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Yash RS
      Participant

Many Hindu yogis and Village people put emphasis on semen retention, claiming that it gives some unusual “power”, also keeps the body strong,etc. What did the Buddha say about it?

One main reason I think that yogis believe that is that they suppress sexual thoughts (along with other sensual cravings without knowing) and then they attain Anariya Jhana, thinking that it’s because they preserved their semen.

Lal
      Keymaster

I don’t think it is worthwhile discussing this subject. Of course, the Buddha would not talk about these things.

• The only relevant fact is that Arahants do not generate semen. 
      1 user thanked author for this post.
      Samana Johann
      Participant

Many Hindu yogis and Village people put emphasis on semen retention, claiming that it gives some unusual “power”, also keeps the body strong,etc. What did the Buddha say about it?

One main reason I think that yogis believe that is that they suppress sexual thoughts (along with other sensual cravings without knowing) and then they attain Anariya Jhana, thinking that it’s because they preserved their semen.

Nobody attains path and fruits without right view, good householder.

And merely practices do nor even lead to heavens.

Even Brahmachariy goes deed.

View it in this regard, Atma thinks Nyom Lal will possible change his mind and dedicate it much worth.

Samana Johann
      Participant

Arahants do not generate semen.”

Sure, Nyom Lal? Impotent?

What’s sure is that they don’t engage in sexual acts.

Lal
      Keymaster

I am sure.

1. Arahants don’t engage in sexual acts, not by abstaining willfully from sex. It goes naturally with the understanding (wisdom) they have.

• Their bodies don’t produce semen.

2. Those yogis who abstain willfully from sex and cultivate jhana are born in Brahma realms. Those Brahmas cannot engage in sex either. They don’t even have sex organs.

Yash RS
      Participant

So do Anagamis’ body produce semen?

Samana Johann
      Participant

I am sure.

1. Arahants don’t engage in sexual acts, not by abstaining willfully from sex. It goes naturally with the understanding (wisdom) they have.

• Their bodies don’t produce semen.

2. Those yogis who abstain willfully from sex and cultivate jhana are born in Brahma realms. Those Brahmas cannot engage in sex either. They don’t even have sex organs.

Let my person ask why good householder thinks that Arahats are biological impotent (which is even something people would not delight if saying such).

But yes, Arahats are void of lust and desire, and no way to engage in sexual intercourses.

So do Anagamis’ body produce semen?

Because no more of flowing out, certain hard to say. But actually no reason why not.

Samana Johann
      Participant

“Those yogis who abstain willfully from sex and cultivate jhana are born in Brahma realms. Those Brahmas cannot engage in sex either. They don’t even have sex organs.”

That alone, abstaining from lust of flesh in the sphere odf body alone, would neither lead to Brahmas not open up Jhanas, good householder.

Even for the gain of the Brahmas Methuna-Dhamma has deep levels where there needs to be refrain.

Lal
      Keymaster

“So do Anagamis’ body produce semen?”

As far as I know, only Arahant‘s bodies undergo these transformations.

• Their bones become indestructible “dhatu” (crystal-like) that don’t burn upon cremation of the body. That is how we have “dhatu” of the Buddha and various Arahants.
      2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.